Service and Technology Essay: Service and Technology are two completely different aspects that have coincided to provide users with a hassle-free and seamless experience. Service is primarily a transaction where no physical goods are exchanged. For example, education, banking, medical treatments, and transportation make up a significant portion of the service industry. Current trends indicate that the service industry will experience rapid growth in the coming years.
You can also find more Essay Writing articles on events, persons, sports, technology and many more.
Technology, on the other hand, has come a long way ever since the invention of the internet and the personal computer. It has enabled industries to streamline and automate certain services, which would otherwise slow down the experience for the customers. The advent of the internet brought about the biggest change in the service industry. From an academic perspective, students must be thoroughly prepared for this topic. Our sample essays are designed to be easily comprehended by the students. Furthermore, we have provided a few writing tips and tricks which are deemed essential if the students want to secure more marks.
Service and Technology Essay – Writing Tips and Tricks
The following tips and tricks will help students secure more marks for their essays. Moreover, these tips and tricks will also help improve their general presentation and writing skills:
- Make a habit of beginning the essay with an introductory paragraph. The introductory paragraph must provide a brief background about the topic, or its history
- Always incorporate specifics such as names, dates, places and any other relevant information that may provide more clarity to the topic
- Try to avoid using jargons
- Jargons may unnecessarily confuse the reader
- Always try to break up the content into small blocks of text. Large monotonous blocks of text may make the reader lose interest
- Always organize the content into headings and subheadings
- Try to present important information in bulleted points
- Make it a habit to end the essay with a concluding paragraph
- The concluding paragraph must elaborate on the key-takeaways of the topic or its highlights
- Finally, if time permits, read through the essay. This will help to filter out grammatical mistakes or wrong spellings.
Service and Technology Essay 350 Words
The sale of services dates back centuries when one would exchange goods or money in return for a service. But how do we define a service?
What is a Service?
A service can be defined when two factors are involved – Intangibility and Perishability. Services are termed as intangible when they cannot be manufactured, stocked or transported. Services cannot also be stored for future use, instead, they are consumed as and when they are produced. Services are also perishable with respect to a specific period of time. For instance, an empty seat on a passenger plane cannot be filled once the plane departs. Services are also perishable with respect to its usage – for instance, a service vanishes once it has been delivered to a customer. Example: a passenger that has been transported to the destination.
How does Technology Benefit Services?
Ever since the advent of the computer and the internet, the world of service has changed drastically. This is done as a result of a highly evolving and competitive landscape. For instance:
- Online Research – Today’s customers often resort to searching online as their first instinct when they wish to gain information about a particular service or product. This is convenient for the consumer as well as the business. If implemented correctly, these individuals may become potential buyers.
- Interactivity – The internet introduced the option to enable online interaction with potential customers through forums, chatbots and dedicated online software support. Chatbots are the most popular as they can be programmed to address a vast array of customer queries any time of the day.
- Cloud Computing – The next revolution in the service industry is based on cloud computing. Most services require some sort of collaboration between the customer and the business. Cloud computing provides a seamless experience where everything is done over the cloud.
- VR and AR – Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) is the next step that can enable a customer to experience what they would see on the field but within the comfort of their homes. Though the technology is rather new and expensive, advancements are being made to enable their ease of use and availability.
In conclusion, technology is an integral part of any service-oriented business. To survive in this competitive field, businesses have to adapt and constantly innovate to stay ahead of the competition.
Service and Technology Essay 200 Words
In today’s world, convenience is the most important criteria – and businesses that do not capitalise on this aspect may fail. Businesses must ensure that every aspect of the customer’s journey is smooth and intuitive. This means using the latest technologies and practices.
Impact of Technology in Service Industries
In any business, choice is an important factor. Letting customers choose how they interact with a service enables businesses to provide various options for engagement. For instance, customers in a grocery store may be more satisfied if they are provided with self-checkout lanes. This reduces waiting time and streamlines the billing process. Similarly, product-oriented business also benefits when customers are given choice. For example, cable TV has been phased out in favour of streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu. Retail sales of a physical disk of movies and songs are almost non-existent.
Planning for the Future
Thinking ahead of the competition is also very important in the service industry. Various technologies such as virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) provide a better experience with higher levels of fidelity. This could prove invaluable in services like education and entertainment. In conclusion, players in the service industry have to adopt new technologies and processes in order to survive and remain ahead of the competition in today’s digital world.
Important FAQs on Service and Technology
How do you define “service?”
A service can be defined as intangible parts sold by businesses. Services typically cannot be manufactured, stocked or transported. They are also immediately consumed after production.
How does Technology Benefit Services?
Technology benefits services by enabling businesses to streamline and automate certain services, which would otherwise slow down the experience for the customers. It also provides convenience, which is paramount for good customer experience.
Name some modern technologies used by media streaming services
Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are the latest technologies used by media streaming services. These technologies provide higher fidelity, interactivity and immersion for the consumer.