Uses of Internet Essay Introduction: Uses of the Internet are many from academics and education to networking and job-hunting. However, this is just the tip of the iceberg; the internet has many more applications in diverse fields from medicine and engineering to defense and stock markets. The progress that we see today is the culmination of many years of research and development in the field of Information technology and allied fields.
You can also find more Essay Writing articles on events, persons, sports, technology and many more.
Uses Of Internet Essay, from an academic perspective, is a topic often asked in exams for primary school students. The primary goal of the essay is to educate students about the various benefits of the internet and its potential drawbacks. The following are a few tips and tricks for students to adopt when writing an essay on the internet or any other topic. Moreover, these tips and tricks will help students to improve general writing skills, which will prove very helpful in future exams or higher classes. Read on to find more about Uses of Internet Essay Writing.
Essay on Internet Uses – Useful Writing Tips & Tricks
- Ensure that the essay has an introductory paragraph.
- The introductory paragraph must include a brief history or background information about the topic.
- Always use a formal style of writing; avoid slangs and other colloquial terms.
- Try to avoid the use of jargon, unless exclusively required by the topic.
- Use headings and subheadings to organize the content.
- Avoid presenting content in large, monotonous blocks of text. Instead, break the content into small, digestible chunks.
- Present content in bulleted points where required
- Use specifics such as dates, names, and places to provide context and clarity for the essay
- Always use a concluding paragraph when ending the essay
- If time permits, read through the essay to eliminate spelling or grammatical errors before final submission.
Essay on Uses of Internet Essay 150 Words
Brief History on the Internet
The internet has been around for several decades, with the very first iteration starting out as a military research project in the late 1960s. Ever since then, it has evolved and undergone a multitude of changes before transitioning into the familiar world wide web that we know today.
Essay on Uses of Internet in our Day Life
The internet has many applications, ranging from learning and education to social networking and commerce. However, there are many more applications, some of which are more intriguing than others. For instance, the internet has evolved parallel technologies like cloud computing, which could soon enable most of us to use our smartphones and portable devices to many times their current potential. In the most basic sense, the workload or the “heavy-lifting” of processors are offloaded to a cloud server, which is processed and then, seamlessly sent back to the end-user. Similarly, this is one of many such uses of the internet. Other popular uses of the internet include:
- Research – The internet that we know today acts as a treasure trove of information. We can access information about any topic, anywhere and anytime.
- Email – One of the earliest applications of the internet, email was the primary platform for communication over the digital space. Today, an estimated 20 million email messages are sent and received every week.
- Education – There are many online courses and learning resources for nearly any subject or skill.
- Social Networking – One of the most popular applications of the internet is for creating a personal and professional network.
- Online Shopping – Online shopping is undoubtedly the second most popular application of the internet. Today, there are many countless platforms such as Amazon and eBay on the internet.
In conclusion, there are many uses of the internet – from online shopping to email and social networking. Moreover, there is a potential for new niches to be created on the internet.
Essay on Uses of Internet Essay 350 Words
What is Internet and What are the uses of Internet: The official birthday of the internet is January 1, 1983. However, it was not an instantaneous invention, instead, it was the culmination of years of research and development. 20 years earlier, the United States Department of Defence created the ARPANET, which is an abbreviation for Advanced Research Projects Agency Network. This invention eventually led to the creation of the internet as we know it today.
Uses of Internet in Points
Ever since the internet was created nearly 60 years ago, there have been lots of technological advancements and developments which proved to be useful in various fields. The most common uses of the internet are:
- Information – The internet is the only platform in the world where information from almost each and every field known is available. Search engines such as Google and Bing perfected this concept.
- Communication – Emails were one of the earliest applications of the internet. It served as a rudimentary platform to send and exchange messages over the digital space. Today, more than 20 million emails are exchanged every week.
- Learning – There are countless online courses and course providers that help students. Furthermore, even working professionals can learn certain courses and acquire certification which may help them in their careers.
- Social Networking – Humans are social animals, and this is especially true even over the digital space. There are many applications that serve specific requirements – such as professional networking (such as Linkedin), personal networking (Facebook) and more.
- E-commerce – Today, e-commerce is a multi-billion dollar industry. There are many platforms and they serve various niches. Amazon, eBay, Alibaba, Groupon, Rakuren have established players in the E-commerce industry.
- Jobs – The internet has provided another portal for job-seeker and job-providers. Moreover, it has become easier to connect and match the right employee with their employers.
- Entertainment – Online streaming of movies and T.V series is very popular these days due to the accessibility and affordability of these streaming platforms. Popular platforms include YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video and more.
- Games – Similar to streaming movies, gaming is a billion-dollar industry today and its prominence is due to the advent of the internet.
Conclusion of Internet Essay: In conclusion, there are many uses of the internet – from information seeking and E-commerce to education and entertainment.
FAQ’s on Uses of Internet
When was the internet invented?
The earliest iteration of the internet was invented during the 1960s. However, the officially recognized date of inception was January 1, 1983.
What was the precursor to the internet called?
The precursor to the Internet is called ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network)