Summer Research Fellowship 2020: Summer Research Fellowship is an initiative of the joint venture of the three Indian Science Academies. These three academies are the Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS), Bangalore; Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi; and the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), Allahabad. The Summer Research Fellowship (SRF) supported by the Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR). This fellowship provided for 2 months to the talented undergraduate, MSC students and teachers of India. The selected candidates will get a monthly fellowship amount and a round trip train fare.
Application for SRF released online on the official website of IAS. The application process has already started in September 2019. So, eligible candidates can fill and apply for the SRF on or before 30th November 2019. The article below provides complete information about the Summer Research Fellowship.
Summer Research Fellowship Programme Details
Summer Research Fellowship Programme (SRFP) can be applied only through the online mode. Around 400 fellowships to students and 100 fellowships to teachers offered every year. It also includes travel and living expenses. The selected candidate needs to accept the offer within 15 days. Otherwise, the offer will be canceled and provided to the next waiting list candidate. The selected students and teachers will work with the associated scientists of these 3 academies.
The duration of the SRFP is 2 months. So, the selected candidates will work for 2 months during the summer. The selected candidates and the associated guide will communicate around February/March 2020. The candidate should include a particular experiment or theory in the write-up. Rather than including a general description of the area. It should be a unique write-up. On completion of the 2 months of the fellowship, the SRF Certificate will be given to the candidates.
Summer Research Fellowship Programme Selection List
Refer to the following SRFP 2020 selection list.
|Subject||Total Number of Selections|
|Engineering including Computer Science||279|
|Earth and Planetary Sciences||24|
Summer Research Fellowship Overview
|Conducting Body||Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS), Bangalore; Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi; and the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), Allahabad|
|Fellowship Name||Summer Research Fellowship|
|Awards||The selected candidates will get a monthly fellowship amount and a round trip train fare|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||30th November 2019|
|Purpose of the Fellowship||Provide fellowship for 2 months to the talented undergraduate, MSC students and teachers of India|
Summer Research Fellowship Dates
|Start of Application||September 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||November 30, 2019|
|Informed to Selected Candidates||February 2020|
Summer Research Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Refer to the following eligibility criteria to apply for the Summer Research Fellowship.
- Candidates must have scored at least 65% in core subjects from 10th standard to post-graduation level.
- Candidates from any university/college affiliated to AICTE or UGC or MCI or Accredited institutions of State Universities are eligible.
- Candidates must be studying in BE or BTech or BCA (II and III years only), BS or BSc or BVSc (II year only), BArch(II, III and IV years only), BPharm (III and IV years only), ME or MTech or MCA or MArch (I year only), MS or MSc or MVSc or MPharm (I year only), 5-year integrated MS or MSc or MTech or MBBS (II, III, IV years only), PharmD (III, IV years only), dual degree BTech + MTech (II, III, IV years only), dual degree BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only), dual degree BS + MS (II, III, IV years only), Integrated Ph.D. (I, II years only).
- Teachers must be teaching at any college or university.
- No minimum percentage of marks applied to teachers.
- The teacher must not be a Ph.D. candidate.
- Candidates who have availed the Academies fellowship twice earlier are not eligible.
Summer Research Fellowship Selection Process
The selection of candidates for SRF made on the basis of the following conditions:
- SRF received applications
- Mark sheets and certificates of previous years
- Write-up submitted by the candidate
- Recommendation Letter of the candidate
Summer Research Fellowship Areas of Research
|Research Area||Sub-research Area|
|Engineering including Computer Science||Computer Science
|Mathematics||Geometry, Number Theory
Combinatorics, Optimization, Operations Research, Control Theory
Topology, Coding Theory
Mathematical Physics, Differential Equations, Dynamical Systems
Financial Mathematics, Probability, Statistics
Harmonic Analysis, Functional Analysis, Real and Complex Analysis
Representation Theory, Group Theory, Algebra
|Physics||Nuclear and High Energy Physics
Lasers and Optics
Astronomy and Astrophysics
Condensed Matter Physics
Relativity and Cosmology
|Life Sciences||Environmental Sciences
|Earth and Planetary Sciences||Oceanic
Summer Research Fellowship Benefits
The Summer Research Fellowship provides the following benefits to the selected candidates.
- A monthly stipend of Rs. 6000/- for 2 months
- A round-trip train fare
- SRF Certificate
Summer Research Fellowship Application Process
The SRF application has been released online on the official website of IAS in September 2019. Candidates can fill and submit the application on or before 30th November 2019. Candidates must read the SRF instructions before filling the application. Candidates must keep all the required documents along with them before filling the SRF form. Refer to the below points to apply for the Summer Research Fellowship.
- Visit the official website of IAS.
- Click on the ‘Click here to Register’ to fill the registration form.
- Fill the required information and select category, subject, and sub-area of the subject in the form.
- Upload a write-up of up to 250 words about the particular theory that you would like to learn and achieve through SRF.
- Upload the contact information of one of the present teachers/Head of the Department (HOD). The academy will communicate with them and get the recommendation letter.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents in jpg format.
- Submit the SRF application form online along with the documents.
Documents Required for Summer Research Fellowship
Upload the scanned copies of the required documents along with the SRF application. Refer to the below-given required documents to apply for the SRF.
- Mark sheets from 10th standard to the last examination
- A write-up of up to 150 to 250 words about what the candidate would like to learn and achieve through SRF
Summer Research Fellowship Contact Details
In case of any queries related to the Summer Research Fellowship, contact the below-given details:
- Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – (080) 2266 1207, 2266 1221, 2266 1202
FAQ’s on Summer Research Fellowship
What is the Summer Research Fellowship?
Summer Research Fellowship is an initiative of the joint venture of the three Indian Science Academies. These three academies are the Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS), Bangalore; Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi; and the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), Allahabad. This fellowship provided for 2 months to the talented undergraduate, MSC students and teachers of India.
What happens if the selected candidate will not accept the Summer Research Fellowship offer?
The selected candidate needs to accept the offer within 15 days. Otherwise, the offer will be canceled and provided to the next waiting list candidate.
Is the Summer Research Fellowship available to all state candidates?
Yes, it is available for the students as well as teachers across India.
What is the start and end date to submit the Summer Research Fellowship application?
The Summer Research Fellowship application start date is September 2019. Whereas the end date for submission of the Summer Research Fellowship application is 30th November 2019.
How much stipend will be provided to the selected candidates under Summer Research Fellowship?
The selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 6000/- for 2 months.
We hope this article will help you to get more information about the Summer Research Fellowship. If you have queries related to SRF, then leave it in the comment box to get in touch with us.