Thiel Fellowship: The Thiel Fellowship is a fellowship founded by Peter Thiel. The fellowship is designated for candidates under the age of 23. It grants them a total of $100,000 for two years, as well as supervision and other support to work on projects, which could include scientific research, founding a startup, or operating on a social movement. The choice of the fellows is made through the online application process, where candidates have to submit the details of their current project or which company they are currently working on.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
Each year, this fellowship selects about 20–25 fellows. Only one percent of the applicants are selected among the total applications. Students who are still studying but have exemplar ideas can apply for the Thiel fellowship, but they have to drop out of school or college to accept the fellowship.
Thiel Fellowship Deadline
There is no deadline to apply for Thiel fellowship.
Candidates can apply throughout the year on its official website.
Thiel Fellowship Eligibility
- Candidates who are aged 22 years or younger are eligible.
- Candidates who are working on any project or company.
- Candidates with innovative ideas
Note: If a student is applying for the fellowship, he/she has to drop out to accept the fellowship.
Thiel Fellowship Application
Candidates who are working on some interesting projects or a cool company can apply directly through the official website. Follow the below steps to apply.
- Visit the official website, thielfellowship.org.
- Click on the option Apply or Apply now given at the homepage.
- Register yourself by providing your email address and password.
- Confirm the password, by entering the same password provided above.
- Click on the signup option.
- You will be redirected to your account homepage now
- Now, you have to create your own profile.
- Enter your complete name, email address and date of birth.
- Now you have to provide details for application form,such as
- Current location,
- Name of the project or company you are working on,
- Web address/link of the project or company,
- LinkedIn link,
- Previous projects you have worked on
And other details
- Submit the application form after providing all the necessary details.
Note: Candidates can also edit the application, whenever required.
Thiel Fellowship Award
Thiel fellowship rewards the selected candidates a total sum of $100,000, spread out over two years. This amount will help them to build new ideas and implement them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Thiel fellowship?
The Thiel fellowship is designated for candidates under the age of 23. It grants them a total of $100,000 for two years, as well as supervision and other support to work on projects, which could include scientific research, founding a startup, or operating on a social movement.
Who can apply for Thiel fellowship?
Candidates who are aged 22 years or younger and are working on any cool project or company. Students can also apply but they need to drop out to accept the fellowship.
How many Fellows are selected?
Each year 20 to 30 fellows are selected
If a candidate is selected then does he/she have to move to San Francisco?
No. Thiel Fellows are based all over the world.
Is this Fellowship only for software engineers?
No. There are fellows who are also programmers, but others have begun nonprofits, produced consumer products, originated media companies, and built hardware.
What is the reward amount?
Thiel fellows will receive $100,000, spread out over two years.
Is there any application deadline for Thiel fellowship?
No, there is no deadline. Applications are accepted throughout the year and reviewed as they come in.