SBI Bank Credit Card Pin Generation: If you are new to this credit card and got your new credit card through the post from SBI bank and are you trying to use the card? You cannot use the card that easily without activating it through the pin. Don’t get shocked, but it is true you need to generate a credit card pin same as an ATM pin to activate the card. Don’t worry you have come to the right place in this article, we are going to explain everything about generating a credit card PIN.
Look into the below article to know the complete information about SBI Bank Credit Card Pin Generation like methods to generate credit card pin, methods to change the pin, safety precautions, and many more. Learn more!!!
- Methods For SBI Bank Credit Card Pin Generation
- How To Generate SBI Bank Credit Card Pin Using an ATM
- Step-by-Step Process to Generate SBI Credit Card Pin via IVR(Customer Care) Process
- Steps To Generate SBI Bank Credit Card Pin Via SBI Mobile APP
- Way to Generate SBI Credit Card Pin Through Net Banking
- How To Generate SBI Credit Card Pin Through SBI Chatbot
- How To Change/Reset the SBI Bank Credit Card Pin
- Safety Precautions to Follow To Keep Your SBI Credit Card Pin Safely
- Can I use the credit card pin same for the add-on credit card?
- Can I use the actual credit card pin for the virtual credit card pin?
- Why do you need a pin for your SBI credit card?
- Can you use the same pins for the SBI bank ATM card and SBI bank credit card?
To generate a credit card pin we have many ways for it. And here we are going to provide a list of ways that you can generate a credit card pin online and offline. Check out the process and then follow the one you like it.
- Generate Pin Through ATM
- Net Banking
- Customer care or IVR process
As we all know, these days generating credit card pin became very easy and we have many ways to do it. But here we are going to provide you with the step-by-step process to generate a pin through ATM.
- Go to the nearest SBI ATM and insert your card.
- Now, it’s time to choose your preferred language that was showing on the screen.
- After that, select “Generate Pin Option”.
- Then you will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and then click on the “Continue” button.
- Now, it’s time to enter 4 digit pin onto the screen.
- You need to re-enter the pin and then you need to confirm it.
Read More: RBL Bank Credit Card Pin Generation
To generate the credit card pin, you can follow the step-by-step process given below and then generate the pin through the IVR process which can be done offline.
- Firstly, call SBI bank customer care at the number, 18601801290.
- Once after lifting the phone, just select the preferred language.
- Then you need to select the option number that will generate a pin.
- Enter your card number and DOB.
- Then you will receive an OTP to the registered mobile number.
- Now, you can enter 4 digit pin to complete the process.
- Re-enter again and then click on Confirm.
If you are willing to use a credit card it needs a pin to keep your transactions safe and secure. As we have seen the pin generation through ATM, if you are not willing to go out and do it it’s better you can switch to this SBI mobile app to generate pin.
- Download the mobile application of SBI Bank.
- Now, log in to that app, if you are not registered you can register and login into the app.
- Next, go to “services” and then click on ” Manage Pin”.
- Select the card, that you are looking to generate a pin.
- And then click on “Generate OTP”.
- You will get OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP, and then generate 4 digit pin with your preferred choice.
- Then re-enter it and confirm it.
If you are looking to generate an SBI credit card pin you can generate it through net banking. Below is the step-by-step process, look into it and follow it carefully.
- To generate the SBI credit card pin online, just visit the SBI Website.
- Then, you need to log in to your SBI account if you have it already, otherwise just register to it and log in.
- Now, you need to click on the “My Account” tab that was present on the left-hand side of the menu.
- Next, you need to click on “Manage Pin”.
- And then, select the card for which you want to generate a pin.
- And then click on “Generate OTP”, then you will get OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Then, enter a new pin and then re-enter it and confirm it.
Follow the below guidelines carefully to generate the SBI credit card pin through SBI Chatbot.
- Visit the SBI Card Webiste.
- And you need to click on Ask ILA available at the bottom right side of the screen.
- Next, select a login and then log in to the site by providing a user ID and password.
- You need to ask for “How to generate credit card pin”.
- And then click on “Generate New Pin”
- Then you will get OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and then click on submit.
- Enter the new pin and then re-enter the pin.
- Finally, you need to click on confirm.
When you are generating a new pin, there are several processes to follow and then you can generate a pin. In the same way, you can even change or reset the pin if you lost your card, or in case you forget your password you can change your pin, through several processes in the same way. Look into the below methods to change or reset the pin, in an easy way.
- Reset the Pin through the ATM.
- You can reset the pin through a chatbot.
- Change the pin using customer care services.
- Change/Reset the pin through net banking.
Now, you may be understood that the credit card pin can be changed using the same process that you use for generating the ATM pin. But one thing you need to keep in mind is to replace the option “Generate pin” with “Change/Reset Pin”.
Till now you have seen the methods you need to use to generate your pin, but here we are going to provide you with some safety precautions to follow, for safeguarding your credit card pin. This will help you to keep your pin confidential from fraud and hackers.
- Never write down your credit card pin on any paper, and never save your pin on your phone.
- Some people, try to write down their pin on the back of the card but never do it as it is not good.
- Never share your credit card details or OTPs with anyone even with customer care.
- Don’t share the details through emails and SMS services.
- Don’t save your details on any of the shopping or services websites.
- Make sure and check the transactions frequently that your transactions are not misused.
- Don’t give it to anyone to swipe the card.
FAQs on SBI Credit Card Pin Generation
Yes, you can use the same SBi credit card pin for the add-on credit card too.
Yes, you can use the actual credit card pin for the virtual credit card pin. Even you can generate a new Pin too if you want.
You need a pin for your SBI credit card to secure every transaction that was done by the credit card and not to get misused by fraudsters and hackers.
Yes, you can use but we do not recommend you do that if the case if you forgot the password or if any fraudsters know your password, your hard-earned money also will be at risk.
If you are reading the conclusion means that you have studied the complete information that we have provided on SBI credit card pin generation. Just select your preferred method and use it then you will generate /reset your pin very easily. If it is not useful to you you can share it with your friends who are looking for it.
Follow all other pin generation articles too, at our transferandpostings.in website.