Acumen Fellowship 2020: Acumen Fellowship is a one-year leadership program aimed at individuals who are committed to tackling major societal issues. The program is specially designed to inculcate leadership skills through multi-day seminars and online interaction. The Fellows can pursue the fellowship alongside their regular jobs without any hassle.
The Acumen Fellowship currently operates across many countries, including Bangladesh, Columbia, India, East Africa, West Africa and Malaysia. The Fellowship employs a curriculum that revolves around several core modules, with each focused on building various leadership qualities.
Acumen Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the following criteria to be deemed eligible for the Fellowship:
- Candidates must be proficient in English as all the seminars and training are conducted in English.
- In the case of Colombia, the program will be held in Spanish
- Individuals following one of the following trajectories: Intrapreneurs, entrepreneurs and organization builders in either government or non-governmental organizations.
- Entrepreneurs who are founders or play a leading role in organizations that provide critical services and goods to the undeserved
- Intrapreneurs who create innovative solutions to tackle various social issues such as injustice or poverty from an existing institution by building collaborations and building a new culture.
- Organization builders support the growth of an institution or an organization that focuses on resolving various social issues such as poverty. The individual need not be the founder of the CEO of the organization.
- Individuals of all educational levels and ages that are able to participate in the program
- Candidates must possess unrelenting perseverance and strong personal integrity.
- Candidates who have demonstrated a history of impact, regional connection and commitment.
Acumen Fellowship Application Process
The application process for Acumen Fellowship
- Interested candidates must go to the official page
- select their respective countries.
- Then, click “apply”. Alternatively, they can click here.
Note: The applications for 2020 are currently closed. The next tentative application window may begin in August 2020.
Acumen Fellowship Selection Process
The selection process for Acumen Fellowship involves
- Review and scrutinization of applications. (stage 2)
- Selected applications will be intimated for a telephonic interview and an online assignment. (stage 2)
- Applicants selected in the telephonic interview will be called for an in-person interview called a “selection conference”. (stage 3)
- The selection team will make the selections, with the decision of the team as final.
Acumen Fellowship Benefits and Nature of Assistance
- The Fellowship covers program-related expenses such as lodging, food, visas, and transportation.
- Since the program is part-time in India, Fellows do not receive any stipend.
Acumen Fellowship Contact Details
203 Dheeraj Plaza
Hill Road, Bandra West
Mumbai, 400050, India
Phone: +91 (22) 6740-1500
FAQ’s On Acumen Fellowship
What is the official website to access the Acumen Fellowship application form?
Candidates can access the official website at https://acumen.org/fellowships/.
What is the maximum and minimum age to apply for the fellowship?
There are no such age requirements to apply for the fellowship.
What are the academic qualifications required to participate in the program?
There are no such educational requirements. However, candidates must be very proficient in English as the seminars and online courses are conducted in English.