KSCSTE Research Fellowship 2020: KSCSTE Research Fellowship falls under the purview of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology, and Environment. The organisation aims to encourage passionate and enthusiastic post-graduate students by providing financial support for their doctoral studies. KSCSTE Research Fellowship the Last date is 12 January 2020.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
KSCSTE Research Fellowship provides seven streams for the students to opt for their fellowships. The available streams are as follows
- Life Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Planetary and earth-atmospheric Sciences
The fellows are selected based on their performance in a competitive online examination. From a wider perspective, fellowships and scholarships aim to resolve society’s most pressing issue – employability.
Moreover, if the candidates become employable, it would be easier for them to secure a livelihood and contribute towards society. Talent is also retained within the country, which could prove useful for future research and development. Read on to explore the eligibility criteria, selection process and more about the KSCSTE Research Fellowship. Also note, the maximum duration of the fellowship is 3 years and will not be extended under any circumstances.
KSCSTE Research Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for KSCSTE Research Fellowship is as follows
- The candidates can apply for the research fellowship for ONLY THREE CONSECUTIVE TIMES. This means if a candidate has passed the examination in the current year (2020), then they can apply for this year, 2021 and 2022.
- Candidates falling under the General and OBC categories must have secured not less than 70% marks or equivalent in their PG exams.
- Candidates falling under SC/ ST category will have to secure not less than 65% marks or equivalent in their PG exams.
- Candidates must have completed their PG from any university in Kerala,
- The upper age limit for availing the fellowship is 35 years.
KSCSTE Research Fellowship Application Process
- Interested candidates are required to visit the official website of KSCSTE and register themselves. The official portal to access the application form is KSCSTE Research Fellowship
- Interested candidates are also required to pay a registration fee of INR 500/-. Candidates falling under SC/ ST and candidates with disabilities are exempted from paying the scholarship.
- The application window usually begins in September-October (tentative).
KSCSTE Research Fellowship Selection Process and Criteria
- The selection process is based on the candidate’s merit in the written examination. The examination consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2
- Paper 1 is common for all candidates, which consists of general aptitude. Paper 2 is based on the subjects chosen by the candidates. The list of subjects for paper two is as follows: Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Physical Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Planetary, and earth-atmospheric Sciences.
- Paper 1 will consist of 20 questions and paper 2 consists of 100 questions.
KSCSTE Research Fellowship Benefits
Selected Fellows will receive the following benefits
- A monthly consolidated stipend of INR 31,000 for the first two years – JRF
- A monthly consolidated stipend of INR 35,000 for the third year – SRF
- Annual contingency grant of INR 20,000 is provided
- HRA will be provided to the ceiling of 10% of their fellowship. However, hostel accommodation will be provided wherever available. In such cases, the Fellows will not be eligible to draw HRA.
KSCSTE Research Fellowship Contact Details
Address: The Head Basic Science Division
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE)
SasthraBhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Telephone: +91 471 2548360/314
FAQ’s On KSCSTE Research Fellowship
What is the official website to access the KSCSTE Research Fellowship application form?
The official website to access the Fellowship is https://kscste.kerala.gov.in/.
When is the last date to submit the application?
The next tentative window to submit the application would be after October 2020.