Kstart Fellowship 2020: Kstart Fellowship programme is an initiative of Kstart, a seed fund project by Kalaari Capital. The primary purpose of the project is to help aspiring Indian entrepreneurs to realize their ideas and foster its subsequent growth. The fellowship programme’s primary aim is to develop future leaders in entrepreneurship and venture capitalism. Kstart also seeks out startup ideas that have the potential to bring disruption and possibly promote a change for the better.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
Kstart Fellowship programme is a full-time two-year program that offers many learning opportunities about entrepreneurship and venture capital. This programme is also deemed the “first of its kind” as it incorporates the apprentice model of training at its core. The Fellows will be engaged in investments, events, and relevant research activities. The fellows will also be working with well-known entrepreneurs and receive insightful experience about the process.
Read on to explore the eligibility criteria, selection process and criteria, important dates and the benefits of the Kstart Fellowship.
KStart Felowship Elligibility Criteria
Kstart is not keen on the years of experience or qualifications of the candidates, however, the candidates must fulfill the following criteria to be deemed eligible for the fellowship:
- Candidates must possess a strong desire or initiative to do something intrapreneurial or entrepreneurial
- Candidates who are keenly interested to hone their entrepreneurship skills
- Candidates must have a interest in at least one of the following areas – Digital marketing, finance, technology,
- management consulting, business, finance
- Candidates that possess strong problem skills
- Candidates that possess a positive outlook and a “can-do” attitude.
- Strong networking skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- More importantly, candidates must have some work experience and must have achieved something significant
- in that duration.
- A mentality that can handle failures and tough, unfavourable situations
Kstart Fellowship Overview
The fellowship involves the following modules:
- Investment Process: Investment Process involves being part of the deal teams. Candidates are also tasked with reviewing ideas and assessing their feasibility. Candidates will also be involved in the investment processes and drive post-investment committee transactions.
- Portfolio Services: Portfolio Services involves supporting 2 or 3 portfolio companies in the candidate’s area of expertise.
- Kstart Operations: Kstart Operations involves working on specific projects to streamline Kstart. Candidates will also drive community events and engagement at Kstart.
- Research: Candidates must research by conducting sector analysis and provide insight into emerging trends and segments across various industries.
Kstart Fellowship Application Process
Interested candidates are required to fill out the online application form on the official Kstart website: https://kstart.in/.
Kstart Fellowship Benefits
- Selected fellows will be awarded a fixed stipend of INR 1,00,000 per month for the duration of the fellowship.
Access to Kstart’s support framework and network
- Opportunity to meet some of the best entrepreneurs and business leaders in the country.
Kstart Fellowship – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the official website to access the Kstart Fellowship application form?
Candidates can access the official Kstart website at https://kstart.in/.
When is the last date to submit the application?
The last date to submit the application will be updated shortly.