How to Generate Credit Card Pin: Excited to use the new credit card that you got from your bank this morning? Then do not wait and start the process of the pin generation process. Thinking that you have already got your credit card pin in your courier. But using that pin without changing is not safe and secure. Even if you got the pin in your courier, through SMS, or through email, change your pin and then use the card.
Have a look at our comprehensive guide to know complete information about how to generate credit card pin for different types of banks online and offline, and we also provided you with other information like safety precautions while/after generating pin, what is credit card pin and many more are explained.
- What is Credit Card Pin?
- How To Generate Credit Card Pin? – Different Ways To Generate/Change Credit Card Pin
- How To Generate/Change Credit Card Pin Online
- How To Generate/Change Credit Card Pin Offline
- How To Generate/Change Credit Card Pin for Different Types of Banks
- Safety Precautions To Follow While/After Generating Credit Card Pin
- How can I generate my credit card pin online?
- Can I generate my credit card pin at the ATM?
- How can I activate the credit card without calling?
- Can I withdraw cash from my credit card?
A credit card pin is a personal identification number that is available in a four-digit code to make your transactions safe and secure. And even it will work as an identity for the credit card holder. And to complete your transaction through a credit card, a pin is mandatory. Once after entering your pin, the system will match it with your user ID before starting the process of the transaction.
By having a pin for your credit card, no one will have access to use it, which will help you from hackers and fraudsters. So, this is why every bank will strictly advise you not to share your pin with others.
If you get a new credit card from the bank to which you have applied, you will get a welcome kit along with that card that company may send you a pin but that is not the right pin you need to continue with, you should change the pin immediately as the PIN should be private, So to change/generate the pin we have different methods that can be done online/offline.
Look into the methods below to generate the pin successfully for making your transactions secure.
- Credit Card Pin Generation Online
- Internet Banking
- Mobile APP
- Credit Card Pin Generation Offline
- Nearest Bank Branch
As we already mentioned above, generating a credit card pin is very important. Sometimes, we may forget to do it, or we may have no time to go to the bank or ATM and we may get issues with the card. From now, you do not need to face such situations as we are providing you with some online methods to generate a credit card pin.
You can generate a pin directly from where you are. Look into those methods below as we have explained with steps.
Here is a simple process explained step by step to generate a credit card pin through a mobile application easily by sitting at home.
- Firstly, download the mobile application of the particular bank for which you got a credit card.
- If you don’t have the account register for it or log in to the account directly in case you have.
- Now, you need to click on the “credit card” section and then click on “generate/change pin”.
- After that, you will get OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Enter that OTP onto the screen that will help you to verify your identity.
- After completion of verification, just enter your new pin and then click on reenter.
- Finally, after confirming it, you can successfully use the card.
If you are not comfortable with the above online method, just look into this method that will help you to generate pin online easily. Even if you have internet banking at that particular bank you can go with this method. Look into the steps below.
- First log in to your net banking account by just entering your user id and password, or register to it in case you don’t have the account.
- Then click on the credit card section that you see after logging in.
- Then again select the change/generate credit pin.
- Now you will get the OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Verify the account by entering the OTP.
- Then generate a new 4-digit pin and then click on submit.
If you do not have an account in the bank where you got a credit card and if you think it is a waste of time to follow all the steps that were provided in the above methods, just follow this method as it is a very simple way.
- Draft a mail requesting the bank officials, to generate your credit card pin.
- send that email to the bank that was sent to your credit card.
- So, by seeing that mail bank officials will come in touch with you and tell you further steps.
Following is the step-by-step procedure to change/generate your credit card pin through the official website.
- Visit the official website of your bank.
- Enter your credit card number, CVV number, and also the card expiry date.
- Then after that, generate the 4-digit pin of your choice.
- Then, you need to re-enter and submit the pin.
Read More: Advantages & Disadvantages of Credit Card
If you are not interested to use all the above processes as it became a hectic process for you. Even we have an offline process in which you don’t need any internet or wifi.
Look into the below methods to generate/change your credit card pin.
Here is the step-by-step process of generating/changing the credit card pin easily by visiting an ATM of your bank.
- Visit the ATM of your bank in which you got a credit card.
- Then, insert the card into the ATM machine.
- As you will get many options, just select “create pin” using OTP.
- Then, you will get OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Enter it for verification and then you can enter 4 digit pin of your choice.
- Re-enter it and then confirm it.
Following are the guidelines that were provided to set/change the credit card pin through the IVR process.
- Call customer care of the bank to which the credit card was sent.
- Then, you need to follow the steps that were provided.
Have a look into these steps to generate a credit card pin by visiting the nearest bank branch.
- Go to the nearest credit card bank branch.
- And get in touch with the officials.
- Then, submit your request of generating a pin for your new credit card.
- Then they will verify the details and tell you the next process.
Remember: The methods that were explained above may vary from bank to bank. Some banks may use only some methods that you have mentioned, and some of them may use all the methods that you have provided. So check out properly and follow them.
As we already mentioned, credit card pin generation methods may vary from bank to bank. If you are getting confused with the above methods, you can able to follow the above process for every bank. We are going to provide you the list of banks along with pin generation process links so that you can easily click on the bank link that you need and follow that process.
|Credit Card||PIN Generation/Change|
|HDFC Bank||HDFC Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
|SBI Bank||SBI Bank Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
|ICICI Bank||ICICI Bank Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
|Axis Bank||Axis Bank Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
|Yes Bank||YES Bank Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
|Citi Bank||Citi Bank Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
|IndusInd Bank||IndusInd Bank Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
|Standard Chartered Bank||Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
|RBL Bank||RBL Bank Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
|IDFC First Bank||IDFC FIRST Bank Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
|HSBC||HSBC Bank Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
|Bank of Baroda||BOB Credit Card PIN Generation & Change|
If you want to keep safe & secure your credit card transactions then following these safety precautions while /after generating a credit card pin is compulsory. This will help you to ensure the safety of your credit card from hackers and fraudsters too.
- While generating your password at your ATM, make sure that you are alone and cover the keypad while entering the pin.
- Never share the details of your credit card number, or CVV through email, sms.
- Never share the OTP with anyone.
- Use the card only in your presence and type the pin by covering the keypad at merchants’ shops.
- Never write your credit card pin on the back of your card or anywhere else.
- When you generate/change your pin, don’t use the combination of DOB, lucky number, and others that we can guess easily.
- Always read your credit card statement every now and then, to verify that your card is not misused.
- Never submit your details on any social media and never save your details on any website.
- Even, if you want to make online transactions on websites, make sure that are safe and secure.
FAQs on How To Generate Credit Card Pin Online/Offline
You can generate your credit card pin online through many ways like net banking, mobile app, website, and email.
Yes, you can generate a credit card pin, by visiting the nearest ATM of your credit card bank.
You can activate your credit card without calling, by visiting the nearest ATM, or by following online methods like net banking, mobile app, website, and email.
Yes, you can withdraw cash from your credit card at ATM, just like you withdraw from your debit card.
As you have seen the complete process of generating credit card pin for various banks, hope you have understood the complete process of generating/changing pin to your credit card. Still, if you have any doubts you can comment to us below, or if you don’t need this info you can share it with your friends who are in need of this.
For more new interesting pin generation articles like how to generate credit card pin, follow and check out our transferandpostings.in website.