HDFC Credit Card Pin Generation: Have you ever noticed any suspicious activity on your credit card? Or do you forget your credit card PIN? and you want to change or generate a new PIN for your HDFC Bank credit card?
If yes, you’ve landed on the perfect page to understand the procedure for solving this issue and recovering your credit card PIN. In this article, you’ll get some insight into the various online and offline methods to generate an HDFC Bank credit card PIN. Have a tour to learn more about the same..
- Pre-Preparation Steps Before Generating the HDFC Credit Card PIN
- How to Generate HDFC Credit Card PIN Using Net Banking?
- How to Generate an HDFC Credit Card PIN Using Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- How to Generate an HDFC Credit Card PIN Using an ATM Machine
- How to Generate an HDFC Credit Card PIN by Reaching Out to an HDFC Branch
- Dos and Don’ts to Consider While Generating the HDFC Bank Credit Card PIN
- What Do You Do When You Forget Your HDFC Bank Credit Card PIN?
- How Much Time Does it Take to Generate an HDFC Bank Credit Card PIN?
- Is there any fee for generating the HDFC Bank credit card PIN?
- Can I generate an HDFC Bank Credit Card PIN using a blocked or inactive card?
- What to do if your HDFC credit card is stolen or misplaced?
- How safe is the HDFC Bank credit card PIN generation procedure?
- Can I generate my HDFC Bank credit card PIN for my add-on card?
If we talk about the generation of the HDFC Bank Credit Card PIN, it’s as easy as pie, but you need to be prepared with the requirements of the same. Here are the points to consider before generating your HDFC Bank credit card PIN
- Whether you’re using net banking or an IVR automatic voice bot, it’s mandatory to use your mobile number. Hence, make sure you’ve registered your mobile number with your current bank account.
- If you’re using a credit card to generate a PIN in an ATM, ensure that it’s recently active and flawless for the transaction.
- When you discover the PIN that you’re going to set as a new PIN, try to avoid using simple code.
- For your security issues, we recommend you use the safest and most secure ATM, which is not very public.
- Whenever you use an IVR automatic voice bot, always follow the instructions provided by the bot in a systematic way.
- In case you find any problem while generating an HDFC Bank credit card using any of the methods, contact customer support as soon as possible.
HDFC Bank provides multiple methods of generating credit card PINs, of which net banking is the easiest way to complete the generation of the PIN. You can simply use your smartphone for net banking with a good internet connection.
Let’s dive into the step-by-step guidelines to generate an HDFC credit card PIN, which is given as follows:
- Go to the official website page of HDFC Bank and click on the “Net Banking” option. Make sure you’ve registered your bank account with the net banking portal.
- In the next step, log in or sign up to Net banking with the help of a registered Username or IPIN.
- Once you’ve logged in to the net banking site, tap on the “Cards” option, which is shown above.
- Now, click on “Instant PIN Generation,” which is at the top left corner of the page.
- Enter the credit card number and further choose your four-digit XXXX new PIN and generate it easily.
- Re-enter the PIN for security confirmation and tap on the “Continue” option.
- You’ll receive a confirmation SMS message about generating a new PIN on the linked mobile number.
HDFC Bank dispenses another method of generating credit card PINs using interactive voice response, also known as an “automatic voice bot assistant.” Here, we’ll discuss the steps to understand the brief overview of generating credit card PIN using an automatic voice bot.
Let’s have a look at the procedure to create a new credit card PIN using IVR:
- To initiate the process of generating an HDFC credit card PIN, you need to call the IVR toll-free number 1860-266-0333 from your bank’s registered mobile number.
- Now, while calling, enter the last four digits (XXXX) of your credit card.
- They’ll assist you in dialing 1 for the generation of a new credit card pin.
- For the generation of an OTP (one-time password) on your mobile number through SMS, again dial 1.
- Now, you’ll receive a six-digit OTP via SMS; enter the six-digit code to complete this procedure.
- Once you successfully enter the OTP you’ll receive the notice to enter a new four-digit Credit card PIN followed by hash#.
- Enter the decided four-digit XXXX new HDFC credit card PIN, followed by a hash # number.
As you’ve understood, there are several ways to create a new credit card PIN using online modes such as net banking and IVR. It’s time to mention the process of generating an HDFC Credit card PIN using an ATM Machine.
A brief overview of generating an HDFC credit card PIN using an ATM machine is given as follows:
- For generating a credit card PIN using an ATM, you need to take the help of an IVR automatic voice bot; call the toll-free number mentioned earlier.
- You’ll get an OTP from the IVR toll-free number on your linked mobile number through SMS.
- Insert your HDFC Credit card into the HDFC ATM machine and select your preferred language for further operation.
- Click on the “Create New PIN Using OTP” option that is shown on the screen.
- It’ll ask you to enter the OTP you received on your mobile number. Enter the 6-digit OTP without fail.
- In the next step, it’ll ask you to enter your registered mobile number for confirmation.
- At last, the screen will show the “Enter New PIN” option. Hence, enter the four-digit desired PIN, which you can remember easily.
Sometimes, senior citizens find it difficult to understand this complicated method of generating the HDFC Bank credit card PIN. For those who don’t understand the online process or ATM method, we’ve provided the easiest way to generate the PIN. This method is totally based on the assistance of the HDFC Bank branch.
- Contact the customer support of the nearest HDFC Bank branch and report your issue with generating a credit card PIN.
- They’ll ask you to come to the nearest HDFC Bank branch and ask you about the details of your bank account.
- For further processing, they’ll ask for the credit card number, its validity date, and many more details.
- Surely, they’ll resolve your issue of generating an HDFC Bank credit card PIN with their assistance.
You’ve successfully achieved the generation of a new Credit Card PIN for HDFC Bank. Ensure that you don’t share the newly generated credit card PIN with anyone else, not even with the working professionals of HDFC Bank. Avoid writing your newly generated PIN anywhere, which can lead to security issues. In case of unexpected help, contact customer support at HDFC Bank as soon as possible to prevent any harm to your financial security.
- Axis Bank Credit Card Pin Generation
- IDFC First Bank Credit Card Pin Generation
- SBI Bank Credit Card Pin Generation
As far as the generation of the HDFC Bank credit card PIN is concerned, it’s very crucial to set some boundaries and understand the dos and don’ts while executing these methods.
- Make sure, while performing the online execution of generating the HDFC Bank Credit Card PIN, your internet connection is good.
- Try to set a PIN that is difficult for others to guess but easy for you to remember. Don’t use easily guessable PINs such as DOB, 0000, 1234, etc.
- We don’t recommend you use a similar PIN in every bank account as a password for credit or debit cards.
- The best idea to ensure the safety of your credit card is to change your PIN frequently; it’ll assure your financial security.
- Once you set a new PIN, don’t write it on your palm, wallet, or anywhere it may lead to security consequences.
- Prefer going to the nearest HDFC Bank branch for offline purposes and the generation of PIN using the ATM machine.
- If you notice an unsure transaction on your credit card, reach out to the HDFC Bank branch and report your issue with the same.
In this era of digitalization, it’s very difficult for an individual to remember numerous PINs for a credit card or debit card from different bank accounts. In case you forget your password, we’ve come up with ways provided by HDFC Bank to recover your credit card PIN.
Let’s learn about the approach to generating a new HDFC credit card PIN or recovering a forgotten PIN:
To generate an HDFC Bank Credit Card PIN using the online mode, use the two ways given as follows:
- Generating an HDFC Credit Card PIN using Net Banking
- Generating HDFC Credit Card PIN using Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
To generate an HDFC Bank Credit Card PIN using offline methods, we’ve got two methods, which are as follows:
- Generation of HDFC Bank credit card PIN using an ATM machine.
- Generation of HDFC Bank Credit card PIN by reaching out to the nearest HDFC Bank.
Execution of this process can be done in a few minutes; sometimes it depends on which method you prefer to generate a PIN. If you’re using internet banking, it’s a quick response process. After receiving an OTP from the bank, you’ll easily generate your HDFC Bank credit card PIN instantaneously.
FAQs on HDFC Bank Credit Card PIN Generation
Not really. HDFC Bank doesn’t impose any charges for generating credit card PINs. You can change the credit card PIN as many times as you want without any fees. Use online portals to generate credit card PINs, which is a very quick process and easy to execute.
No, as per the methods mentioned above and explained above, it’s compulsory to use a credit card that is active and flawless. If your credit card is blocked, immediately contact customer service at the HDFC Bank branch.
Whenever this situation arises, you must immediately reach out to the nearest HDFC branch or call customer care for help. Inform this issue to them and block the credit card so that it’ll not create any mess and prevent illegal transactions
Most certainly, it’s very safe to generate an HDFC Bank credit card PIN using the methods that are briefed above. But it’s suggested that you consider the dos and don’ts part of this article carefully to avoid security consequences.
Yes, definitely, you can generate an HDFC Bank credit card PIN for your add-on card as long as you’ve used the proper method to execute this process, such as IVR, ATM machine generation, or net banking.
In a Nutshell
In short, the procedure of generating an HDFC Bank credit card PIN is very simple and effortless. I hope you’ve understood the core idea of how to generate an HDFC Bank credit card PIN using various online and offline methods.
In order to ensure the safety of the credit card, it’s crucial to examine the pre-preparation part and the dos and don’ts part carefully. For more such captivating articles on generating PINs of credit/debit cards like how to generate credit card pin , check out our website.