SJVN Scholarship 2020: SJVN, a Mini Ratna and Schedule ‘A’ Central Govt. Public Sector Undertaking has been implementing its Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable plans to make a meaningful contribution towards sustainable socio-economic development of communities. In this series, SJVN has originated “SJVN SILVER JUBILEE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME” for the worthy students who have passed class 12th Examinations in 2019 which points at teaching competitive spirit among students and to develop their academic capacity. The Scheme is being implemented through HIMCON on behalf of the SJVN Foundation.
In 2019 Total of 150 students will be awarded a scholarship of Rs. 2000/-(Rs. Two Thousand only) per month for the whole duration of next higher course after class 12th like Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Medical, Arts/Science/ Commerce/Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Veterinary/ Business Administration/ Computer Applications/LLB/MBBS, etc.
Notification for SJVN Scholarship 2020 will be released soon.
SJVN Scholarship Dates
SJVN has started “SJVN SILVER JUBILEE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME” for the worthy students who have passed the class 12th exam in the year 2019 which aims at implanting competitive spirit among students and to sustain their academic talent. Get the details of important dates related to this scholarship.
|SJVN Scholarship Form Last Date||20th October 2020|
|Documents verification||November 2020|
|Release of amount||January 2021|
SJVN Scholarship Eligibility
- The students who have secured minimum 60% or its equivalent grade in 12th class examination in any discipline from a school under State Education Board, CBSE or ICSE in the immediately preceding academic session in the States of Himachal Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Bihar, Maharashtra and Gujrat. Eligibility for a percentage of marks for BPL will be 50% and for PWD pass marks.
- There will be no domicile restriction for the students for eligibility for the scheme.
- Beneficiaries of any other scholarship will not be acceptable for getting this SJVN scholarship.
SJVN Eligible Courses
SJVN Scholarship is provided to students for higher studies after the 12th. Students undergoing Bachelors degree in the following programs will be suitable for the SJVN Merit Scholarship:
- Business Administration
- Computer Applications
SJVN Scholarship Merit List
In the states of Uttarakhand, Bihar and Maharashtra the first 50% seats will be reserved for the students studying in the schools situated under the Project Affected Area (PAA) villages. The remaining 50% seats will be reserved for the districts in which the project is located. The state-wise SJVN scholarship allotment is given below:
|State-wise SJVN Scholarship||Category/State||State Board||CBSE/ISC Board||Total|
|SJVN Himachal Scholarship
(Uttarkashi & Chamoli only)
|Bihar (District Buxar only)||General||10||4||14|
|Maharashtra (District Ahmednagar only)||General||4||2||6|
|Gujarat (District Sundernagar & Patan only)||General||4||2||6|
SJVN Scholarship Rewards
- 150 students will be awarded a scholarship of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. two thousands only) per month for pursuing the regular course for the whole duration of next higher course after class 12th like bachelors degree in Engineering, Medical, Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Veterinary/ Business Administration/ Computer Applications/ LLB (5 years course)/ CA, etc.
- In the states of Bihar, Maharashtra, Uttrakhand and Gujrat, the first 50% seats will be earmarked for the students studying in the schools situated under Project Affected Area (PAA) villages and then rest 50% for the district in which the Project is established. However, the vacant seats in one category will be considered for the other category.
- The list of PAA villages will be provided by the respective projects to the implementing agency.
SJVN Scholarship Online Registration – How to Apply?
- The SJVN Scholarship Application form can be downloaded from the SJVN website or from the outsourced agency’s website or can be obtained from other sources also as notified in newspapers.
- The filled-in application should be accompanied by a photograph of the student and mark sheet of Class 12th examination.
- The duly filled in application should be attested by the Principal of the school/ institute from which the student is pursuing a higher course after passing the 12th class.
- The filled-in application must be submitted/ sent to SJVN or the outsourced agency by the last date as notified. No application will be accepted after the last date under any circumstances.
Documents Required for SJVN Scholarship
The duly filled in SJVN Scholarship application form should be submitted along with the following documents:
- Affixed by two passport size photographs of the student
- Attested Class 12 Marksheet
- BPL and PWD certificate (if applicable)
SJVN Scholarship Selection Procedure
Duly filled application forms will be screened by the agency engaged by SJVN. The committee/ agency will shortlist the candidates on the following criteria:
- Rank secured by the student with respect to marks or equivalent grade secured in class 12th Board Examination.
- In the case of a tie of the ranking, the candidate of higher age will be preferred.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for the screening with all original academic certificates and testimonials.
- Mere submission of the application will not guarantee eligibility for the scholarship.
- SJVN will have the power to accept or refuse the candidature of any applicant at any stage without specifying reasons.
- If sufficient applications are not received in a particular board/ category then the vacant seats can be filled by other boards with the approval of Chairman SJVN Foundation.
Release of SJVN Scholarship
The scholarship will be provided annually subject to the passing of the previous year/ session examination successfully. The scholarship will be terminated for the succeeding year/session if a student fails in the examination or pass the exam through the supplementary exam. The student will be asked to submit a designated requisition form for a scholarship for the discharge of the scholarship. The first installment of scholarship to the students will be provided on some special occasions like SJVN Raising day, Republic day, Teachers’ day, etc.
Definition of Project Affected Area
Project Affected Area indicates declaration by the Appropriate Government of an area of villages or region under a plan for which the land is being procured under Land Acquisition Act, 1894 or any other Act in force or a region that comes under submergence due to enclosing of water in the storage of the project or area located over the underground component of the project. It also involves areas as reported by project authority. The system for measuring the project-affected zone shall be Panchayat.
SJVN Scholarship Contact Number
Address: Managing Director,
Himachal Consultancy Organization Ltd.
1st Floor Shree Niketan,
Lower Panthaghati (Near IT Bhawan),
Phone Number: 0-98170-60241, 0-98176-86510, 0-98166-14240.
FAQ’s On SJVN Scholarship
What is SJVN Scholarship?
SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 is for the exemplary students who have qualified Class 12th Examinations in 2019. The scheme aims at implanting the competitive spirit amongst the students and to foster their academic talent
Who is granting this scholarship?
SJVN Merit Scholarship Scheme is being implemented through HIMCON on the behalf of SJVN Foundation.
Who is eligible for SJVN Scholarship?
The students of Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Gujarat and Maharashtra who have passed their Class 12 in any discipline from a school under the State Education Board or Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE Board) or ICSE Board with 60% marks are fit to apply for the SJVN Scholarship 2019.
What is the reward amount given under SJVN Scholarship?
A total of 150 students will be awarded a scholarship of Rs. 2000 per month for the whole term of the regular program after class 12.
- For the 3-year course, Total Scholarship Amount = Rs. 72,000
- For the 4-year course, Total Scholarship Amount = Rs. 96,000
- For the 5-year course, Total Scholarship Amount = Rs. 1,20,000
When is the last date to apply?
The last date for the submission of the SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme 2019 Form is 20 October 2019.