Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin Generation: If you are a Standard Chartered Bank user and recently received a credit card, then this piece of detailed information is just for you. The main step after receiving a credit card is to generate its PIN so that you can use it for purchases and for paying bills.
Here, you will get to know the different methods and ways through which you can generate your Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card PIN. You can read about the online and offline methods to generate the pin for your standard chartered credit card. Give it a read below!
- All About Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin Generation
- Methods on How to Generate Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin
- How to Change SCB Credit Card PIN using an ATM?
- Tips and Tricks to Keep SCB Credit Card PIN Secure
- How to Reset the Login Credentials for the SCB Credit Card?
- FAQs on Standard Chartered Bank SCB Credit Card Pin Generation Process
All About Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin Generation
Standard Chartered Credit Card offers you amazing benefits. Thus, it is best that as soon as you have received the card you must generate the Pin to avail of the benefits. The credit card Pin generation can be done through online technology or by calling the customer care executive.
However, the credit card is already in the active stage, and you are required to just generate the pin. But you will not receive any auto-generated Pin from the bank, this solely needs to be done by you. Know how you can do this from the below modules.
Methods on How to Generate Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin
There are mainly two methods using which you can generate the credit card pin:
- Using the online banking
- By calling customer care
We are providing you the detailed steps following which you can generate the Standard Chartered credit card pin using the above two-mentioned methods. Now let’s go through these methods in detail.
Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin Generation Online Via Internet Banking
To generate the Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin online, you need to be an active online banking user. If you are not registered with online banking, then you need to first register for internet banking either by visiting the branch or by signing up on the official website.
Then you can follow these steps to generate your Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin:
- First, log in to the internet banking account with the help of a password and username.
- Now, click on ‘Help and Services
- Then under this section click on the card management option.
- After selecting the credit card number, enter the 6-digit PIN of your choice which you can remember for a longer time.
- Again you are asked to re-enter the above-mentioned pin.
- After this, you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number for verification.
- Now, enter the OTP and click on confirm.
Hurrah, your credit card PIN is generated and your card is ready to use for the transactions.
Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin Generation by Customer Care
There is another method to generate the Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin which is by calling customer care. Even if you are unable to generate the pin through online banking then you can avail of this facility. You can easily call customer care between 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. After following the instructions you will be able to generate the Pin.
You can refer to the below-provided numbers for the standard chartered credit card pin generation (IVR):
- 6601 4444/3940 4444 (Available between 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.)
- 66011500/39401500/1800 425 1000/1800 345 5000 (Available 24×7)
- 66012424/39402424/6601242/3940242/1800 525 8390 (Available 24×7)
How to Activate a Standard Chartered Credit Card by SMS
The Standard Chartered Bank sms facility is free. In addition to this, you cannot generate the credit card pin of the renowned institution. The generation of credit card pin can only be done by internet banking or calling customer carer.
Steps to Generate Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card PIN using ATM
Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card Pin using ATM is a very useful method when you forgot or lost your previous pin. In such situations, you can’t generate the new Standard Chartered bank credit card pin. So, check the below section to know about changing credit card pin standard chartered bank through the SCB bank’s ATM.
How to Change SCB Credit Card PIN using an ATM?
Follow these simple steps and change the Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin using an ATM:
- Firstly, go to the nearest Standard Chartered ATM and insert the card.
- Then, you will be asked to choose the preferred language.
- After that, click on the change pin option.
- Later, you will be asked to enter the OTP which you will receive on your registered mobile number.
- By entering the OTP and submitting a new pin, your old pin is successfully changed.
After receiving the confirmation, you can easily proceed to perform the transactions using the new credit card pin.
Tips and Tricks to Keep SCB Credit Card PIN Secure
A PIN is essential as without it you cannot make any transaction. Thus, for the same, you need to protect the PIN. Know some tips to secure your card.
- You must not share your PIN with anyone, even if the person says that they are calling from the bank.
- Try to keep the PIN in a unique way, not your date of birth, or any special date as there are lot many chances of theft.
- While making the online transaction try to avoid saving your card details and the pin on the related websites.
- Always enter alone in the ATM booth while making any transactions.
- Try to use authentic websites only while making the transaction using a credit card.
How to Reset the Login Credentials for the SCB Credit Card?
If you have forgotten your password. But now you want to recover it then this can be done either by online banking or by mobile app. You can learn both methods here below.
Reset Password via Standard Chartered Online Banking
- Visit the SCB website and on the top right corner, click on the login option.
- Now, while entering the password click on forgot password.
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ option and then click on accept.
- After entering your card number and pin click on continue. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Submit that OTP and click on next.
- Now, generate your username and password and click on next.
- With the help of generated username and password, enter your credentials. Thus, now you can be able to log in easily.
Reset Password via SCB Mobile Banking
You can easily download the mobile banking application from the play store. In addition to this, you can also visit SCB Mobile Banking where you can get the links to download the app.
- After visiting mobile banking. You will see the ‘More’ option. Click on it.
- Now, click on forgot username and password, and then select the ‘I Agree’ option. Then click accept.
- After, this enter your card details and click on next to continue.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Submit the OTP in the provided column.
- Now, set up your username and password. Then click on proceed for login.
FAQs on Standard Chartered Bank SCB Credit Card Pin Generation Process
1. How many times do I need to change my Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card Pin?
Once you have generated the Standard Chartered Credit card Pin, there is no need to change it on regular basis. You are just required to remember it for the smooth functioning of the credit card.
2. Can I recover my old Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin, if forgotten?
No, even if you have forgotten your credit card pin you cannot recover the old pin. The Pin can only be reset and then you need to choose another pin to continue the transactions using a credit card.
3. How can we do Standard Chartered Credit Card Payments?
Using the net banking feature of Standard Chartered Card you can easily make the payment for the amount for which you billed. By entering the credit card number and confirming the payment you can easily complete the transaction.
4. What are the ways to change the Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin?
There are mainly two ways using which you can change the Standard Chartered Credit Card pin:
- Through Net Banking
- Through ATM
Standard Chartered Bank cardholders can easily generate credit card pins with the help of the above-provided information. We have included all the essential steps and methods using which you can generate the SCB credit card pin.
Therefore, you are free to fetch the details and proceed with the generation of the credit card pin SCB. Still, if you are confused about the Standard Chartered Credit Card Pin Generation process feel free to reach out through the comment section below.