How to Generate a Debit Card Pin?: Have you recently opened a bank account? Yes, then a debit cum ATM card will get delivered to your home soon. After getting the debit card, you must activate it and generate a four-digit pin to access it. Here we are giving simple ways of debit card pin generation along with the things to consider during the pin generation.
In the below sections, we are giving the detailed process on how to generate a debit card pin online/offline. The methods to generate a card pin using net banking, mobile banking, SMS, or ATM.
- Methods of a Debit Card Pin Generation
- How to Generate a Debit Card Pin Online?
- Ways To Generate Debit Card Instant Pin via offline
- How to Regenerate Debit Card PIN? – Process to Reset Forgotten Debit Card PIN
- Things To Consider While Generating a New Debit Card Pin
- Can we generate a debit card PIN online?
- What if an ATM PIN is not generated?
- Can I activate a debit card from home?
- How can I generate an ATM PIN by phone?
Most banks today give an opportunity to the account holders on generating ATM pin easily by having the bank registered mobile. The banks offer different methods of generating a new pin or changing the existing pin for the debit card. By following any of these techniques, you can easily generate the ATM pin instantly.
The various methods how to generate a debit card pin are along the lines:
- Generate Debit Card PIN at Bank’s ATM
- Generate Debit Card PIN Using Net Banking
- Generate Debit Card Instant PIN with Mobile Banking
- Generate Debit Card PIN Through SMS
- Generate Debit Card PIN via Customer Care
Here we are giving a step-by-step guide on generating a debit card pin online using mobile banking or internet banking options.
If you have a bank mobile banking account, then you can follow these useful steps and generate the green pin.
- Download the bank mobile application and open it.
- Log in to the mobile app using the username and password.
- Select your account from the drop-down menu for which you want to create the debit card pin.
- Select the “Generate PIN” option available under the “Card Services” section.
- Enter the card number, CVV, cardholder name, and expiry date.
- Give your desired 4-digit PIN that you wanted.
- Reenter the pin for the sake of confirmation.
- After that, you will get an OTP regarding the PIN generation to your bank-registered contact number.
- Enter the OTP in the specified place for the final verification.
- Once the verification is done, you will get a successful debit card pin generation message on your mobile screen.
All the account holders who have proper internet banking can use this technique for 100% successful instant pin generation. Check out the steps and follow them carefully.
- Go to the bank’s official website and search for the internet banking login page.
- Enter the appropriate login credentials and hit on the login button.
- Once you are logged in, choose your account by hitting your bank account in the available options.
- Go to the Card Services section and click on the Generate PIN option.
- Enter a 4-digit PIN you want to set for your debit card.
- Enter the same number again.
- Check your phone about the pin generation message.
- If you didn’t get the message, then again do all the above-mentioned steps.
- If you receive an OTP, then enter the OTP and see the PIN Generation was a successful message.
We have already mentioned the three different methods on how to generate a debit card pin offline. They are using ATMs, and SMS, and calling the customer support team. In the further sections, we have given the detailed steps to generate a debit card pin. Follow them and achieve success in the pin generation.
- Go to any ATM center with the received new debit card, envelope and bank-registered mobile number.
- As a first step swipe your card in the ATM machine.
- Choose the “PIN Generation” option from the list.
- Enter the bank account number and debit card number.
- Also, give the 4-digit pin present in the card envelope.
- Now, enter the new 4-digit pin of your choice and confirm it.
- After that, you will receive an OTP about the debit card pin generation to your mobile number.
- The OTP is valid for only a few minutes. So, be careful and give the correct OTP.
- After the proper validation, the bank will send a pin generation successful message to your mobile number.
If you wanted to generate the debit card pin via SMS, then you have to know the particular bank’s customer support number. After collecting the number, follow these instructions.
- Type your message in PIN ABCD EFGH format and send it to the customer support number.
- In the above format “ABCD” is the last 4 digits of the debit card number and “EFGH is the last 4 digits of the respective account number.
- After this message, you will get an OTP to the mobile number.
- The OTP is valid for only 4 days.
- After receiving the OTP, visit the ATM with a sealed envelope.
- Insert the card and enter the required details.
- Later provide the OTP and generate a new four-digit pin of your choice.
- Re-enter the pin for confirmation.
- Now, your new debit card PIN is set. You can access the services with it.
In this method of pin generation, you have to make a call to IVR. After getting the OTP, visit the ATM for completing the process.
- Call the bank customer support contact number from the bank registered number.
- Select your comfortable language by pressing a key.
- Give the debit card number, account number, and other details.
- Once all the details are verified, they will send an OTP.
- Go to the ATM with the OTP.
- Click on the “Generate PIN” option.
- Enter the received OTP and hit on the “confirm” button.
- Create a new debit card pin and re-enter it.
- Hit the submit button for authentication.
The process of generating a debit card pin or regenerating pin is one and the same. While changing the forgotten debit card pin offline, you have to click the generate/ reset debit card pin option at the ATM center. In the remaining places, the process is similar. The different ways to reset lost debit card pin are here.
- Contacting customer support team
- Sending SMS
- Visiting ATM
- Using Internet banking
- Through mobile banking
Here we are mentioning the various things to consider when generating a debit card pin. Have a look at the and keep them in mind during the process.
- Never share your temporary or permanent debit card pin with anyone.
- Don’t click on any random links or sites that prompt you to change or create a debit card pin.
- Use only authorized sites to make payments with your debit card that asks for the debit card pin.
- Always keep a strong pin for your debit card. Avoid using personal information like date of birth, phone number, and so on.
- Protect your debit card pin while using it at POS terminals.
- Don’t share your debit card pin with anyone over the call, text message, or email. Banks will never ask for your pin.
- Regularly change your debit card pin.
- Always look into your account balance and mini statement.
FAQs on How to Generate a Debit Card Pin
Yes, we can generate a debit card PIN online using the bank’s net banking or mobile banking account. Login to the account and generate a new pin by giving the OTP.
If a debit cum ATM pin is not generated, you can’t use it to make payments, withdraw cash and so on.
Yes, you can activate a debit card from home. Go to the bank’s website, log in and choose the Customer Service section. Follow the instructions and activate your card online.
To generate a PIN by phone by calling the bank’s customer service number. Follow the instructions until you get the OTP. After that, visit the ATM, and swipe the debit card. Choose the Generate PIN option and enter the new pin, OTP.
By following the above steps, you can easily learn how to generate a debit card pin either online/offline. Always remember to maintain the debit card pin safe. Stay in touch with our site to know all bank’s debit card pin generation processes like Kotak Debit Card Pin Generation, Yes Bank Debit Card Pin Generation, and soon.