SBI Bank ATM Pin Generation: For generating the personal identification number (PIN) for your SBI ATM Card, the first bank provides the Green PIN facility for making it easier for cardholders. All state bank of India savings account holders can securely perform this SBI Bank ATM Pin Generation process online and offline.
After generating the 4-digit PIN, you can easily do any unauthenticated transactions as all withdrawals, online transactions, and POS transactions. So figure out how can you generate the State Bank of India debit card pin or SBI Bank Credit Card Pin Generation from the below modules.
- Different Ways for SBI Bank ATM Pin Generation Process
- How To Generate State Bank Of India SBI Green PIN?
- How To Change State Bank of India SBI ATM PIN If Forgotten?
- FAQs On State Bank of India SBI Bank ATM PIN Generation Online/Offline
- How do I generate/change the transaction PIN for an SBI credit card?
- Can I change my SBI ATM Pin Via Mobile App?
- How do I activate my SBI ATM at home?
- Do I require a PIN number to activate my SBI ATM card?
- How to change my SBI ATM PIN online without visiting the bank?
- How long is the new SBI ATM card activation valid?
- Does the ATM card expire if not activated?
For generating an SBI ATM PIN, you can refer to the different methods and then decide the suitable way. State Bank of India ATM debit card pin can be changed or regenerated online and offline. With the help of SBI-provided banking services, you can easily set up the SBI ATM PIN Generation along with card activation. So check out the below detailed procedures for further reference.
- Through Internet Banking Services
- By SMS
- Using Customer Care Service
- Using SBI ATM Vestibule
When you have an online access facility with all required credentials with you then proceed with the below online method to generate an SBI Bank ATM Card PIN. It saves valuable time of yours so check out the steps and follow them carefully.
- Login to the OnlineSBI portal with the registered Internet banking user id and password.
- Go to the main menu and click on e-Services > ATM Card Services.
- On that page, opt for the ‘ATM PIN Generation’ option.
- Choose the suitable option from ‘Using One Time Password’ or ‘Using Profile Password’.
- If you select the ‘Using Profile Password’ option, do choose the associated bank account and hit the ‘Submit button.
- Now, click on the SBI Debit card and press Confirm.
- It will redirect you to the ‘ATM PIN Generation’ page, where you will be asked to enter any 2 digits to generate a new 4-digit number as an SBI ATM PIN.
- Enter the digits and hit submit. It will send you an SMS with 2 digits.
- Later on, provide the 2 digits that have selected prior and the 2 digits that you got via SMS.
- Click on the submit button.
- Within seconds, the bank sends a message ‘It says that your ATM PIN has been changed successfully’.
After the generation of a new pin, again go to ‘e-Services > ATM Card Services > New ATM Card Activation’ for the card activation. You can even activate your card using SBI ATM by doing the transaction.
If you have registered your mobile number with the SBI savings account prior then generating the State Bank of India atm pin via phone banking means sending an SMS is possible. So, now you can even set an SBI Bank ATM PIN at home without online access ie., through SMS. Want to gain some more details related to it? Simply follow the steps below:
- Initially, type a message in the format PIN <XXXX> <YYYY>.
- Here, XXXX represents the last four digits of the SBI ATM card and YYYY represents the last four digits of the SBI Account Number.
- Now, send the text to 567676 from your registered mobile number.
- After sending the SMS, you will get an OTP also called Green PIN. It is used to generate a new SBI PIN using SBI ATM. You have to generate the pin within 2 days of receiving the OTP.
One more offline method to generate SBI Bank ATM PIN is by calling SBI customer service via a toll-free number. The steps to be followed by everyone when opting for this process are discussed below:
- Make a call to SBI customer care toll-free numbers ie., 1800 11 22 11/ 1800 425 3800 or 080-26599990.
- You will be asked for your request. By following their instructions you can smoothly perform your request ie., to generate a sbi atm pin.
- First, choose the ‘ATM and Prepaid Card Services’ option followed by 1 to create a Green pin.
- Now, enter the requested details and confirm them.
- After your confirmation, the bank provides OTP via SMS to your registered phone number.
- This OTP will be valid for two days meanwhile visit the nearest ATM of the State Bank of India and generate a new ATM Card PIN.
New account holders at SBI should be aware of generating a new state bank of India atm pin via the SBI ATM machine. After getting the SBI ATM cum debit card from the bank, you have to go to the nearest ATM of SBI and follow the below steps carefully for SBI ATM Pin Generation Offline:
- Visit the official bank’s ATM center which is near to you and insert your new card in the card reader.
- Choose the “Pin Generation” option from the main menu.
- Follow the instructions shown on the screen.
- Enter the 11-digit account number and press the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Also, enter the registered mobile number and click Confirm.
- After verifying your details with the bank, you will see this notification “Your green PIN will be shortly delivered to your registered mobile number” on the ATM Screen.
- Once it displays the text ‘Your Green PIN generation has been successful and you will receive the same on your mobile number’ on the screen, press Confirm and proceed with the next steps.
- If you receive the green pin on your registered phone number, then remove and reinsert the ATM cum debit card in the machine for generating the original new ATM PIN.
- By using the generated green pin, now you can create a new pin for your SBI ATM Card.
- After inserting the SBI card into the ATM, select the ‘Banking’ option from the displayed menu.
- Select the language which is comfortable for you from the given options.
- It will prompt you to enter the Green Pin or OTP received on your phone.
- Choose the ‘Select Transaction’ option followed by the ‘PIN Change’ option.
- Provide your new 4-digit PIN Number and re-enter it again for confirmation.
- If everything works great then you will see a text like ‘Your PIN has been changed successfully’ on the ATM Screen.
- Finally, you can use this new pin number as SBI ATM PIN for any transactions like cash withdrawals, bill payments, and for online transactions.
Do Refer To Some Other Pin Generation Articles:
The steps you need to follow to generate a green pin of the state bank of India are outlined below:
- Open the app store and install SBI quick application.
- Select the ATM cum Debit card option.
- In the given options, select the Generate Green PIN option.
- Now, fill in the requested details like the Last 4 digits of your Debit Card and the Last 4 digits of your account number for further processing.
- Hit on submit. It will take you to your inbox and display the sender’s number.
- Create an SMS by texting like PIN last 4 digits of your debit card and account number and send it right away to 567676 from the registered phone number to generate Green Pin.
- After the successful delivery of SMS, SBI sent you a message with OTP which is considered a Green PIN for your ATM card.
- This Green pin will be active for 2 days so change the pin as soon as possible and generate a new ATM PIN for the SBI Cebit card by visiting the ATM center.
- Your registered mobile number has enough balance and SMS plan to send and receive the message.
- It cuts 3 rupees for one SMS.
- First, go to the nearest State Bank of India ATM and insert your card.
- Now, select the preferred language followed by PIN Generation.
- Enter your 11-digit account number and registered mobile number.
- Click on Confirm.
- After verification, it will generate Green PIN and send it to your registered mobile number.
- Again insert the card into the ATM machine and select banking.
- Now, provide the Green PIN or OTP to confirm your request.
- Under the ‘Select Transaction’ menu, choose the PIN Change option.
- Enter the new pin of your choice for your new SBI ATM card.
- Re-enter the pin for confirmation and then you will get a message like ‘Your PIN has been changed successfully’.
- Now, you can perform any transactions like cash withdrawals, purchases at retail terminals, and for online transactions with the new SBI Bank ATM PIN.
If you forgot your SBI Debit/ATM Card PIN then you can change or regenerate it online or offline. When you want it to be solved online then follow these points. First, go to the customer login page using your Web Pin at prepaid.onlinesbi.com. Navigate the option called ‘ATM Pin Reset’ and finish the process without any hurdles.
If you don’t have online knowledge then proceed with the offline possibility ie., calling to state bank’s helpdesk number at +91-22-27566598/+91-22-27580506 (Paid service) from your registered number and get help from them to perform your request.
You can generate or regenerate transaction PIN for your SBI credit card by using either our state bank of India official website, Mobile Application, Chatbot ILA, or IVR.
Yes, you can change your SBI ATM PIN via the mobile app. To know the detailed steps have a look at our page fully.
By Internet banking services of the State Bank of India, you can generate an ATM PIN and activate it online.
No, you don’t require a PIN number to activate your SBI ATM card.
By using the SBI official website ie., onlineSBI, you can change or reset or generate your ATM PIN without any visit to the branch physically.
As there is no specific time frame for activating a new SBI ATM card but is recommendable to do it soon after receiving it from the bank.
Technically No, but you have to activate your card immediately after getting it because it comes with a PIN that has an expiry date. So before its expiration, you have to set or activate your new atm card.
We think that customers found the correct information on SBI Bank ATM PIN Generation Process from the above modules. In case, we miss covering any of the methods regarding State Bank of India ATM PIN Generation Online/Offline, do comment us below.
Soon we will update the information after a thorough research on it. Meanwhile, visit our website Pin Generation page and find all other bank’s credit/debit cards pin setting guides like UCO Bank ATM Pin Generation, Axis Bank Internet Banking Pin Generation, Difference between Credit Card & Debit Card, and so on.